This matrix is clickable and interactive, which means that it goes into depth about each element of QRIS to provide further information and resources for early educators.
Provides financial incentives for early education program directors and teaching staff and Family Resource Center staff in Santa Clara County to pursue professional development.
- Training List for Early Childhood Educators
- Training List for Family Resource Center Staff
- College Coursework and Permit Information Quality Matters Stipend Program Year 2020-2021 enrollment has ended! If you would like to be notified of the enrollment period for the next program year 2021-2022, please add your contact information by clicking here.
Uses multiple criteria to rate early learning programs in order to ensure that children in California have access to high-quality programs so that they thrive in their early learning settings and succeed in kindergarten and beyond.
The resource links below are organized by program type and elements. These additional resources will help early educators access information to support their knowledge regarding Santa Clara County’s local quality rating and improvement system (QRIS), QUALITY MATTERS and to support their work with young children.
The Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS)
Santa Clara County is a participating county of the Bay Area QRIS Partnership, which is focused on building a coordinated approach to QRIS in the region. The Bay Area partnership is comprised of Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz Counties.
- 486early educators are engaged in professional development through the stipend program
- 170early education centers and family child care homes are rated sites
- 6524children enrolled in Quality Matters rated classrooms
About the WestEd E3 Institute
Along with administering the Quality Matters program for FIRST 5 Santa Clara County, the WestEd E3 Institute also collaborates with higher education institutions and promotes the California Statewide Professional Development Registry.