- Provides financial incentives for early education program directors and teaching staff and Family Resource Center staff in Santa Clara County to pursue professional development. ENROLL NOW!
- Training List for Early Childhood Educators If you do not see a training listed, you may submit your training by completing this form.
- College Coursework and Permit Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
Uses multiple criteria to rate early learning programs to ensure children have access to high-quality programs, thrive in their early learning settings, and succeed in kindergarten and beyond.
Program Data ManagementOversees the program and data management of Santa Clara County’s Quality Matters Rating and Stipend Initiatives, through the integral use of three data systems, Hubbe, QUALITY MATTERS Stipend, and the CA Workforce Registry.
The Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS)
Santa Clara County is a participating county of the Bay Area QRIS Partnership, which is focused on building a coordinated approach to QRIS in the region. The Bay Area partnership is comprised of Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz Counties.
- 486early educators are engaged in professional development through the stipend program
- 170early education centers and family child care homes are rated sites
- 6524children enrolled in Quality Matters rated classrooms
About the WestEd E3 Institute
Along with administering the Quality Matters program for FIRST 5 Santa Clara County, the WestEd E3 Institute also collaborates with higher education institutions and promotes the California Statewide Professional Development Registry.