The Quality Rating and Improvement System, or QRIS, evaluates program quality and coordinates professional development and improvement support to help programs enhance the quality of their services.
The WestEd E3 Institute (E3) coordinates the implementation of the QRIS in Santa Clara County. This includes:
Please click on any of the links below to explore the key components of our quality rating and improvement system:
- Designing and carrying out the rating process
- Serving as a repository of information on QRIS in the County
- Conducting outreach to the early childhood education provider community on opportunities to become involved with the QRIS
- Contributing to decision-making about the QRIS through participating in local, regional, and state-wide workgroups
- Collaborating with community partners to coordinate quality improvement efforts
- Communicating information about QRIS to the local early childhood community
Definition of Quality
Quality Improvement Supports
Santa Clara QRIS is funded by FIRST 5 Santa Clara County, First 5 California and the Child Development Division of the California Department of Education, and is administered by the WestEd E3 Institute.
Please note: The QRIS system is currently not accepting new programs. Please check back soon for opportunities to join.